The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung (hbs) is part of the Green political movement and seeks to contribute to the development of a diverse and vivid global civil society. We aim to encourage and facilitate local initiatives and regional cooperation. Our activities are guided by the fundamental political values of universal human rights, ecology, democracy, solidarity, and non-violence.
The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung established the Palestine and Jordan Office (based in Ramallah) in 1999. The office is currently working in close partnership with more than 20 local partner organizations in Palestine and Jordan.
Together with our partner organizations in Jordan, the hbs - Palestine and Jordan office is currently implementing a project addressing the topic of human trafficking, specifically focusing on migrant workers who fell victim to this crime in Jordan and the Arab region. One of the project’s goals is to use diverse media formats to raise awareness for the topic of human trafficking and to highlight the situation of migrant workers. All project activities are implemented in Jordan.
II. Assignment Objective:
Hbs is seeking a production company and/ or a radio station to produce and broadcast a radio program in Arabic on the legal and social situation of Jordanian migrant workers living and working outside Jordan. The radio program shall report on the problems faced by migrant workers in different countries stemming from violations of human trafficking laws. The radio program shall include contributions from Jordanian migrant workers themselves to give them the opportunity to speak, share their experiences and raise their concerns.
The outputs to be delivered by the consultant are as follows:
- Production of ten episodes of a radio program in Arabic on Jordanian migrant workers who live and work outside Jordan (approx. 30 - 45 minutes each).
- Production of five Public Service Announcements (PSAs) to raise awareness on the difficult situation of migrant workers, human trafficking practices, the legal framework and existing violations (approx. 2 - 4 minutes each).
- Broadcast of the radio program episodes and PSAs by an established radio station (and if possible, in parallel streamed on social media platforms).
III. Coordination and Responsibilities:
- The contract for the consultancy will be provided by the hbs.
- The consultant will report directly to hbs.
IV. Timing and Deliverables:
- February, 2022:
- Production of the script and concept of the radio program and the public service announcements in close consultation with the hbs.
- February-April, 2022:
- Broadcast of the radio program episodes (one episode per week).
- Broadcast the public service announcements (each PSA for multiple times throughout the project as agreed upon with the hbs).
V. Competencies and Experience:
- Experience and a track record in journalistic radio production.
- Previous experience in journalism, especially dealing with sensitive topics with political and socio-economic dimensions in Jordan and the region.
- A minimum of five years of hands-on experience working in journalism.
- Ability to broadcast from an established radio station in Jordan.
- An understanding of the plight of migrant workers and the ability to deal with the topic of human trafficking in a sensitive manner.
- Willingness to conduct in-depth research on human trafficking and relevant national laws and practices in the Arab region, especially the Gulf States.
Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and spoken.
VI. Application process:
- Applications should be sent by January 27th, 2022 to email@example.com. Any Applications received after the application deadline will not be considered.
- Applications shall include the following:
- An application letter in English (max. 3 pages) outlining the proposed content of the radio program and public service announcements as well as the approach to producing and broadcasting the radio program;
- Up-to-date CV(s) including relevant work experience and qualifications;
- Candidate's financial offer (including detailed breakdown of costs per radio episode and per public service announcement)
For inquires and clarifications please send an e-mail to Lara.Kirchner@ps.boell.org