The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung - Palestine and Jordan is Seeking Offers for the Production of an Animated Video on Labor Migration & Human Trafficking in Jordan
The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung (hbs) is part of the Green political movement and seeks to contribute to the development of a diverse and vivid global civil society. We aim to encourage and facilitate local initiatives and regional cooperation. Our activities are guided by the fundamental political values of universal human rights, ecology, democracy, solidarity, and non-violence.
The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung established the Ramallah-based Palestine and Jordan Office in 1999. The office is currently working in close partnership with more than 20 local partner organizations in Gaza, the West Bank and Jordan.
Together with our partner organizations in Jordan, the hbs - Palestine and Jordan implements the project “Strengthening the legal and social status and enhancing the protection of migrant workers in Jordan and the region”. All project activities are implemented in Jordan. One of the project’s goals is to raise awareness on the difficult living and working conditions of migrant workers and their increased vulnerability to become victims of human trafficking.
- Assignment Objective
Hbs is seeking a consultant / production company to produce an animated video in Arabic (with English subtitles) on the legal and social situation of migrant workers and the national framework regarding human trafficking in Jordan. The animated video shall be 0:30-1:00 minute in length and produced according to an outline that will be provided by hbs.
The outputs to be delivered by the consultant are as follows:
- Production of an animated video, narrated in Arabic with English subtitles (0:30-0:45 OR 0:45-1:00 minute, depending on the price offer).
- Coordination and Responsibilities:
- The contract for the consultancy will be provided by hbs.
- The consultant / production company will report directly to hbs.
- Timing and Deliverables:
- November, 2020:
Producing animation and narration for the video according to the script provided by hbs.
Updating hbs on the status of the video, sending first drafts and incorporate changes, if necessary.
- Until December 10, 2020:
Finalizing the animated video and providing hbs with the final version of the animated video according to hbs’ comments and requested modification.
- Competencies and experience
- Experience and a proven track record in thematic animated video production.
- Previous experience in creating animated videos especially dealing with sensitive topics in the Arab region with political and social aspects.
- A minimum of five years of hands-on experience working in video production.
- Sufficient creativity and sensibility to draw and present a sensitive topic in an appropriate manner.
Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and spoken.
- Application process:
- Please apply by November 24th, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications received after the application deadline will not be considered.
- Applications shall include the following:
- An application (max. 1 page) presenting the consultant / company, the duration needed to produce the requested video, links to previously produced videos;
- An up-to-date CV(s) including relevant work experience and qualifications;
- The consultant’s / company’s two financial offers (for the length options of 0:30-0:45 and 0:45-1:00 minute), including breakdown of costs (i.e.: costs for animator, narration, creation of subtitles, sales tax, etc.).
For inquires and clarifications please send an e-mail to email@example.com