The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung (hbs) is part of the Green political movement and seeks to contribute to the development of a diverse and vivid global civil society. We aim to encourage and facilitate local initiatives and regional cooperation. Our activities are guided by the fundamental political values of universal human rights, ecology, democracy, solidarity, and non-violence.
The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung established the Ramallah-based Palestine and Jordan Office in 1999. The office is currently working in close partnership with more than 20 local partner organizations in Gaza, the West Bank and Jordan.
Together with our partner organizations in Jordan, the hbs - Ramallah and Jordan implements the project “Strengthening the legal and social status and enhancing the protection of migrant workers in Jordan and the region”. All project activities are implemented in Jordan. One of the project’s goals is to raise awareness on the difficult living and working conditions of migrant workers and their increased vulnerability to abuse.
- Assignment Objective:
Hbs is seeking a consultant / production company / radio station to produce and broadcast a radio show in Arabic on the legal and social situation of migrant workers, including their personal stories. The radio show shall include interviews and contributions from migrant workers themselves to give them a platform to share their experiences and raise their concerns.
The outputs to be delivered by the consultant are as follows:
- Production of 6-8 radio show episodes in Arabic (45-60 minutes each).
- The radio show is broadcasted from an established radio station.
- Coordination and Responsibilities:
- The contract for the consultancy will be provided by hbs.
- The consultant will report directly to hbs.
- Timing and Deliverables:
- March, 2020:
Producing script and concept of the radio show in close consultation with hbs
- April-May, 2020:
Broadcasting of the radio show (one episode per week)
- Competencies and experience:
- Experience and a track record in journalistic radio production.
- Previous experience in journalism especially dealing with topics with political and societal concern in Jordan and the region.
- A minimum of five years of hands on experience working in journalism.
- Ability to broadcast from an established radio station.
Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and spoken.
- Application process:
Please note the deadline is extended to February 22nd, 2020!
- Please apply by February 17th, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications received after the application deadline will not be considered.
- Applications shall include the following:
- An application letter (max 3 pages) outlining the proposed content of the radio show as well as the approach to producing the radio show;
- Up-to-date CV(s) including relevant work experience and qualifications;
- Candidate's financial offer (incl. specifications on total costs per show)
For inquires and clarifications please send an e-mail to email@example.com