"Terms of References"
The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung Palestine & Jordan was established in Ramallah in 1999, and currently works with more than 20 local partner organizations in Gaza, East Jerusalem, the West Bank and Jordan. It seeks to encourage and facilitate cross-border initiatives and regional cooperation. HBS’s main tenets are ecology and sustainability, democracy and human rights, self-determination and justice and it places particular emphasis on gender democracy, meaning social emancipation and equal rights for women and men.
- Assignment Objective
Hbs is looking for a consultant to develop and conduct a 3-days training for partner organizations working in the field of human rights and individual human rights activists on presentation skills, dealing with and addressing various groups/delegations, preparing info kits and protocols for visits/tours.
The objective to which the training will contribute is the following:
The outputs to be delivered by the consultant are as follows:
- Preparation of training modules and training material.
- Conduct a 3-days training for up to 20 participants, members of partner human rights organizations and individual human rights activists, including the following modules and other sessions as appropriate:
- Presentation skills and how to present oneself to visiting groups/delegations and how to provide the information;
- Use of information as help material during visits, lectures/tours, such as the use of maps, pictures, statistics, factsheets, publications, lists of links, etc.;
- Preparing an info kit for groups and delegations;
- Revise publications of participants and provide feedback and guidance on display and visibility (booklets, brochures, leaflets, etc.)
- Preparing protocols for visits/tours, etc.
- Conduct an on-the-ground training through accompanying a tour or delegation visit of one of the participating organizations and provide feedback;
- Other related topics as suggested by the training consultant.
- Conduct a follow up session (join a tour) with the participants to evaluate the training, how much they benefitted from it, and if there is need for additional training or mentoring.
- Coordination and Responsibilities
- The contract for the consultancy will be provided by hbs.
- The Consultant will report directly to hbs.
- Timing and Deliverables
July-August: Development of modules and training material
September: Conducting the training
September: Training report and closing the project
- Competencies and experience
- Experience and track record in communication and presentation skills and providing training in this field;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to produce outputs as per agreed deadlines.
Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and spoken.
- Application process
- The closing date is June 21st 2018
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Applications should be sent to email@example.com and should include the following:
- An application letter (max 2 pages) outlining the approach to the training, the modules and referring to relevant previous experience;
- Updated CV including relevant work experience and qualifications;
- Candidate's financial offer.
For inquires and clarifications please contact:
Dr. Reham Alhelsi
hbs Jordan and Palestine/ Ramallah