Who we are
The Heinrich Böll Foundation is part of the Green political movement that has developed globally as a response to the traditional politics of socialism, liberalism, and conservatism. We seek to encourage and facilitate cross-border initiatives and regional cooperation. Our activities are guided by the fundamental political values of universal human rights, ecology, democracy, solidarity, and non-violence.
As a non-profit organization the Heinrich Boell Foundation is affiliated with the German party Alliance 90/The Greens (link). Financial support is mainly provided by the German Ministry of Development and Economic Co-operation (BMZ). The Heinrich Boell Foundation’s head office is located in Berlin with a staff of about 180 people.
The Heinrich Boell Foundation established the Palestine & Jordan Office in Ramallah in 1999. Other offices are located in in Tel Aviv, Beirut and Tunis.
What we do
In close cooperation with partner organizations in the occupied Palestinian territory and Jordan we focus on
- Strengthening Civil Society and Democratic Participation,
- Women’s Rights and Gender Democracy,
- Environmental Justice and Sustainable Development,
- International Politics and Dialogue
- In addition to joint cooperation programs we organize visitor programs to enhance dialogue and networking among civil society organizations in the region and on a global level.