Terms of Reference for the Production of a Podcast for the project
“Strengthening the legal and social status and enhancing the protection of migrant workers in Jordan and the region”
The Heinrich Böll Stiftung is part of the Green political movement that has developed globally as a response to the traditional politics of socialism, liberalism, and conservatism. We seek to encourage and facilitate cross-border initiatives and regional cooperation. Our activities are guided by the fundamental political values of universal human rights, ecology, democracy, solidarity, and non-violence.
The Heinrich Böll Stiftung established the Palestine & Jordan Office in Ramallah in 1999. The office is working in close partnership with currently more than 20 local partner organizations in Gaza, East Jerusalem, the West Bank and Jordan.
Together with the main partner Jordanian Women’s Union (JWU) the Heinrich Böll Stiftung Ramallah & Jordan implements the project “Strengthening the legal and social status and enhancing the protection of migrant workers in Jordan and the region” from 01.01.2018 until 31.12.2020. The third component of this project aims to raise awareness on the difficult living and working conditions of migrant workers in Jordan, with a focus on mostly female domestic workers, cases of violations of the rights of migrant workers and the issue of human trafficking in the region.
- Assignment Objective
Hbs is looking for a consultant/ production company/ audio journalist to produce and publish a podcast in Arabic with 6-7 episodes on the situation of migrant workers with a focus on female domestic workers and cases of violations of the rights of migrant workers.
The objectives to which this podcast production will contribute is the following:
Awareness of the difficult living and working conditions of migrant workers, violations of their human rights and various forms of human trafficking is raised among decision makers and their readiness to discuss the issues is increased.
The outputs to be delivered by the consultant are as follows:
- a podcast with 6-7 episodes in Arabic (each episode from 10-20 minutes) is produced
- the podcast is broadcasted on an existing podcast platform
- Coordination and Responsibilities:
- The contract for the consultancy will be provided by hbs.
- The Consultant will report directly to hbs.
- Timing and Deliverables:
- March-April: Production of the podcast
- May-July: Broadcasting of the podcast
- Competencies and experience
- Experience and track record in journalistic audio production
- Previous experience in critical journalism especially dealing with social and political topics
- Technical skills and professional equipment for podcast production
- A minimum of five years of hands on experience working in journalism
- Excellent time management skills and ability to produce outputs as per agreed deadlines.
Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and spoken.
- Application process:
- The closing date is February 25th 2018
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include the following:
- An application letter (max 1 page) outlining the approach to producing the podcast and referring to relevant previous experience
- Updated CV including relevant work experience and qualifications;
- Candidate's financial offer
For inquires and clarifications please contact:
Ms. Henriette Wolf
hbs Jordan and Palestine/ Ramallah