The Program Coordinator manages the Environmental Justice programme component and the communication & visibility in HBF’s Ramallah office and takes over many additional tasks related to the program work of the foundation in Palestine, Jordan, and Germany.
The Program Coordinator, among other tasks, will:
- Plan and implement activities, organize conferences, workshops, seminars, or visiting programs, and work in close cooperation with partner organizations in the region;
- Manage and coordinate the Environmental Justice program component with attention to long-term strategic planning, review proposals, prepare budgets and monitor expenditures;
- Review narrative and financial reports, oversee budget allocations, and monitor expenditures; check payment requests and cash transfer instructions
- Prepare project reports in accordance with the regulations and guidelines of the German ministry for economic Cooperation and ensure the timely submission of reports by the project partners as agreed
- Maintain contacts and relations with partner organizations in Palestine and Jordan; establish contacts with potential new partners; support partners in their project planning and indicator development;
- Manage project-related public relations on behalf of hbs.
- Contribute to maintaining and updating the hbs website and other communications forms (facebook, newsletter, brochures ,...);
- Manage and oversee activities in Jordan, specifically our new project on human trafficking and migrant workers
- Identify new partners in Jordan
- Build and expand hbs network in Jordan, connecting with other NGOs, foundations, experts and the German Embassy and develop an expertise on Jordan.
- Represent the foundation in Jordan
- Provide information on relevant program areas, write up-to-date reports and analyses about on-going political, social, ecological and cultural developments in the region;
- Plan, implement, and organize delegations and visiting groups;
- Assist in the overall management of the office.
- Willingness to travel to Jordan on a regular basis;
- Work experience in Jordan is an asset.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in project management or relevant field (planning, monitoring, and evaluation);
- Experience with and knowledge about environment-related topics and Human Rights;
- M.A. in political science, social sciences, or related field;
- Good overview over gender policies and approaches;
- Fluency in spoken and written English, strong Arabic communication and reading skills, German is an asset;
- Excellent communication skills in general;
- Experience with press release writing and social media;
- Dynamic and creative personality and strong management skills, good ability to work under pressure and in an organized manner;
- High motivation and excellent work ethic, both as part of a team and independently.
- Work in a German political foundation with progressive values and international network;
- Diversified and challenging work portfolio and opportunities for additional qualifications;
- Excellent work atmosphere in a small team;
- A competitive contract and salary.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter explaining in detail their motivation and qualifications for this position, as well as a CV in English to email@example.com no later than Monday, 19th of February 2018. Please also include references. Applications received after this date or those that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.