MIGRATION IN THE MIDDLE EAST AND EUROPE:
CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES August 28 – September 9, 2018 in Amman
(session period August 29 – September 8)
Jointly offered by the German-Jordanian University in Amman, and the Center for Global Politics at Freie Universität Berlin.
The modules offered during this intensive short-term program will provide students with an insight into recent developments in the Middle East and the European Union. The modules will touch upon new approaches to global politics, the interplay between domestic politics and global politics and regional responses to political and social challenges. The exchange of views and ideas will include input from German and Jordanian as well as other academics and students from the region.
• Earn a joint certificate worth 4 ECTS credits from two renowned institutions
• Get engaged in political dialogue with peers from the MENA region and Europe
• Use the opportunity to participate socially and politically in a unique study program
• Take part in an enriching learning experience and extracurricular activities
• Find out how to enroll in further study or Ph.D. programs in Germany
• Make new contacts and join a vibrant international alumni network
• Good knowledge of and interest in global politics, excellent command of English
• Final year of undergraduate studies or first academic degree (B.A. or equivalent), ideally in Political Science, International Relations or a related field
• Letter of Motivation & Curriculum Vitae (resume)
• B.A. certificate or academic transcripts
• Very good knowledge of English; if available, please send in a proof of your knowledge, e.g. English Language Diploma (TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge Certificate or equivalent)
Apply online by July 15, 2018 via:
The tuition fee for the summer school amounts to 50 €. Students not living in Amman have the opportunity to apply for a scholarship from Heinrich Boell Foundation. The scholarship covers travel and accommodation expenses as well as the tuition fee. If you want to apply for funding, in addition to a Letter of Motivation of at least one page, please also supply an extra letter stating substantial reasons. For more information, please visit our website www.seasonal-schools.org or contact us directly. You may also contact HBS directly: email@example.com
Lydia Tetzner (Senior Program Manager)
Karolina Kaloyanova (Program Assistant) Center for Global Politics
Freie Universität Berlin Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This program is generously sponsored by DAAD with funding from the Federal Ministry of Education and Research as well as from the Heinrich Boell Foundation Palestine & Jordan.