LIVE STREAM FROM BERLIN - Squeezed: Space for civil society
On the evening of 27 October 2016, we would like to analyze the political situation with international guests from civil society. We want to know the specifics of how the work of civil society organizations is restricted, and the impact this has on their work. Furthermore, we would like to focus on counter strategies and get into a political dialogue about how politics can react to the repressive measures affecting civil society all over the world.
- Chak Sopheap, Executive Director, Cambodian Center for Human Rights, Cambodia
- Eric Gitari, National Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission, Kenya
- Maina Kiai, Special Rapporteur on the rights to freedom of peaceful assembly and association, United Nations, Switzerland/Kenya
- Dr. Friedrich Kitschelt, State Secretary, Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, Berlin
Moderation: Barbara Unmüßig, President, Heinrich-Böll-Foundation
Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 19:00 –21:00 (Berlin Time), Berlin Office
Note: This event will be transmitted as live stream.
For your further reading:
- Our web-dossier "Squeezed - Space for Civil Society"
Project Management Democracy Promotion